Terms governing the use of our services
1. Price VariationPrice estimates are based on Colour Graphics current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance, where such amendment is required in order to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
2. TaxColour Graphics reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
3. Preliminary WorkAll work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customerâs request shall be chargeable.
4. CopyWhere any additional work of whatever nature is necessary as a result of copy supplied by a customer not being clear and/or legible, Colour Graphics shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover such additional work.
5. ProofsProofs of all work may be submitted for customer’s approval and Colour Graphics shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Additional charges shall be made for any additional proofs that are required as a result of alterations required by the customer. When style, type or layout is left to Colour Graphics’s discretion, any subsequent changes to such style, type or layout required by the customer shall be subject to additional charges on a time and materials basis.
- Unless negotiated and agreed in writing, the copyright of general artwork, commissioned artwork and illustrations and anything else whatsoever prepared, developed or created by Colour Graphics shall vest in and belong to Colour Graphics. Colour Graphics may use any artwork or printing produced by itself for the purposes of promoting itself and/or Colour Graphics. The customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authorities and consents to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, copyright text and/or any other reproducible materials (Materials) prior to instructing Colour Graphics to reproduce the same. The customer shall indemnify and hold Colour Graphics and its agents and representatives harmless against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of any claim (including but not limited to the defence of such claim) that the reproduction of the Materials by Colour Graphics infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or misuses the confidential information of a third party.
- All design, text, illustrations, graphics, photographs, diagrams, drawings, logos and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material content of any Website owned, controlled or operated by Colour Graphics and Colour Graphics’s Buying Guide and Colour Graphics’s Marketing Collateral are the intellectual property of Colour Graphics or its content providers and as between Colour Graphics and the customer all intellectual property rights (including all copyright) arising out of or connected with such content shall belong to Colour Graphics. No reproduction of any part is allowed without written permission.
7. Company ImprintThis term no longer applies.
8. Delivery & PaymentTurnaround is measured in Working Days, defined as days on which the clearing banks in the City of London are open for normal business. For orders made on a Guaranteed Turnaround service (being orders guaranteed to be ready within a certain period (the Guaranteed Period), delivery (as more particularly described in paragraph 9(b) below) will be made no later than 10pm on the last Working Day of the Guaranteed Period. Should Colour Graphics fail to deliver within the Guaranteed Period (see also paragraph 10 Variations in quantity), a service ‘credit’ will be awarded up to the value of the order in question (redeemable against future orders within 6 months of issue of the Credit in question) (the Credit). The customer will still be obliged to pay in full for the order in respect of which delivery was late, including any of the sums charged specifically for the provision of the Guaranteed Turnaround Service (the Premium Charges). Where the late delivery is as the result of the action or inaction of a third party, such as a carrier, Colour Graphics, at their absolute discretion, may elect to extend the Turnaround by one Working Day and the customer shall not be awarded a Credit during this time. In addition:
- These services rely on the customer not delaying the progress of the order in any way (which delays include but are not limited to the customer not returning proofs by the time specified by Colour Graphics or failing to make payment by the time such payment is due) (a Customer Delay). In the event of a Customer Delay the customer shall not be awarded a Credit and the customer shall still be obliged to pay the Premium Charges but Colour Graphics shall not be bound to deliver within the Guaranteed Period.
- Delivery of work by Colour Graphics shall be deemed to take place upon collection of the work by the customer (where the customer is obliged to collect the work) or (where Colour Graphics is obliged to deliver the work) actual delivery of the work to the customer by Colour Graphics. Where the customer is obliged to collect the work, customer’s failure to collect the work on the day on which Colour Graphics is contractually obliged to have it ready for collection shall be classed as a Customer Delay. Where Colour Graphics is obliged to deliver the work to the customer but the customer provides Colour Graphics with incomplete or incorrect delivery information or is not available to accept delivery, then provided that Colour Graphics has used reasonable endeavours to deliver the work to the customer, a failed delivery shall be classed as a Customer Delay.
- Unless otherwise specified the price quoted is for collection of the work from the Colour Graphics Production Hub at 18 Maybrook Road, Maybrook Industrial Estate, Walsall WS8 7DG. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed Colour Graphics shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved, including without limitation, the cost of couriers or special delivery post.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days or more Colour Graphics shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
- Risk of loss of or damage to work completed by Colour Graphics shall pass to the customer on delivery. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the work to the customer, ownership of and title to the work shall not pass to the customer and shall be retained by Colour Graphics until Colour Graphics has received payment in full in respect of the work.
- In the unlikely event that Colour Graphics deems it necessary to re-print work, the Guaranteed Period shall recommence from the time of Colour Graphics confirmation to the customer of its agreement to reprint the work.
Where do you deliver?
All delivery prices on our website are based on an overnight courier service to UK addresses.
The following postcodes incur additional costs: AB31-56, BT1-94, FK19-21, GY1-9, HS1-9, IM1-99, IV1-63, JE1-4, KA27-28, KW1-17, PA20-80, PH1-50, TR21-25, ZE1-3, PO30-41.
If you require international shipping, we are happy to provide a quotation if you email us.
How do I track my order?
You will receive an email once your order has been shipped from our warhouse containing your tracking number.
Do I need to sign for my order?
Yes - our courier will not deliver parcels without signature unless you have pre-requested to leave with a neighbour.
When will I get my order?
Our website will provide you with an estimated delivery date based on the product, the time you order, the service level you select, and on the assumption we will receive print ready artwork. Please be aware that any delay in providing print ready artwork, approving artwork amendments and design services, may affect these dates.
Please note: As standard, we send all deliveries on an overnight courier service. Although standard courier services are 95% successful, this is not a guaranteed service.
We will not accept any liability for costs arising due to delayed or lost consignments. This is out of our control.
We recommend all time-sensitive deliveries are sent on a direct dedicated courier. This can be selected at the checkout stage and is calculated based on mileage. This option will be a dedicated vehicle that will collect from our factory and delivery directly to you, on your requested day, at a location and time that you choose.
What are your delivery options?
|Delivery Option||Delivery Time||Delivery Cost|
|Standard Delivery||Generally, orders by 1pm; 2 day delivery (between 9-6pm). Orders after 1pm; 3 business days. Check individual products for dates.||£8.95 (Free to UK mainland on all orders over £85)|
|Customer Collection||Collection is free from 9am on the date shown for collection on the order. Express turnaround options available.||Free|
|Dedicated Courier Delivery||This option will be a dedicated vehicle that will collect from our factory and delivery directly to you, on your requested day, at a location and time that you choose.||Varies. Cost is calculated based on mileage distance from our warehouse WS8 7DG to your requested location.|
|Express Delivery||We offer 3 upgrades of turnaround to express your order. These can be selecred at checkout. 3 Day Express 10% of order minimum £15.00, 2 Day Express 25% of order minimum £25.00, 1 DAY SOS Express 50% of order minimum £50.00.||Varies|
|Express Collection||We offer 3 upgrades of turnaround to express the collection of your order. These can be selected at checkout. 3 Day Express 10% of order minimum £15.00, 2 Day Express 25% of order minimum £25.00, 1 DAY SOS Express 50% of order minimum £50.00.|
9. Variations In QuantityEvery endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered. However some variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that minor variations are immaterial and that Colour Graphics shall have no liability in respect of such variations. For other variations Colour Graphics entire liability will be to award a Credit. The table below sets out the circumstances under which a Credit will be awarded:
|Quantities||No Credit awarded||Pro Rata Credit awarded||1.5x Pro Rata Credit awarded|
|up to 1,000||Shortage up to 10%||11% to 20%||21% to 25%*|
|up to 5,000||Shortage up to 7%||8% to 15%||16% to 23%*|
|up to 20,000||Shortage up to 5%||6% to 12%||13% to 21%*|
|above 20,000||Shortage up to 4%||5% to 10%||11% to 20%*|
10. Size / Dimension Variations.The customer is to specify finished height & width sizes from outer edge to outer edge, which is to include any finishing options eg. welded edge, keder strips & pole pockets. Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct finished size. However some size variations are inherent with the material, the print and finishing process and it is understood and accepted that a reasonable variations are immaterial and that Colour Graphics shall have no liability in respect of such variations. The buyer shall accept these variations provided that they are within a 2% tollerance of the requested dimensions.
11. ClaimsAdvice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to Colour Graphics and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to Colour Graphics and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to Colour Graphics within 28 days of delivery. Colour Graphics shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
12. LiabilityColour Graphics gives no warranties or guarantees or makes any representations as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any completed work the subject of a customer’s order and all other warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, whether express or implied, oral or in writing, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded. Colour Graphics shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in transit not caused by Colour Graphics. Further, Colour Graphics shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of profits, economic loss, loss of goodwill or loss of anticipated savings or loss of data. The total aggregate liability of Colour Graphics in respect of any and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with the customer’s order and Colour Graphics performance of services pursuant to such order (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall (subject to the provisions of paragraph 10) be limited to the sums paid to Colour Graphics by the customer in respect of the order pursuant to which liability has arisen. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude liability which cannot, pursuant to English Law, be excluded or limited including for death or personal injury or liability in respect of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
13. Standing Material
- Metal and other materials owned by and used by it in the production of plates, film-setting, negatives, positives and the like shall remain the exclusive property of Colour Graphics. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer’s property.
- Lithographic, together work or other materials supplied by the customer may be effaced or destroyed immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, Colour Graphics shall be entitled to make additional charges.
14. Customer's Property
- The customer’s property and all property supplied to Colour Graphics by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Colour Graphics or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure such property accordingly.
- Where a customer fails to collect work within 20 working days from notification to the customer of completion of the work, Colour Graphics shall be entitled, at its discretion, to either store the work until actual delivery or collection is made and charge the customer for the costs (including insurance) of storage or to destroy such work (provided that the customer shall nevertheless remain liable for payment in respect of the relevant order).
15. Materials Supplied by the Customer
- Colour Graphics may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which it considers to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by Colour Graphics in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
- Colour Graphics shall have no liability in respect of any work being of less than reasonably satisfactory quality as a result of defects in or the unsuitability of materials supplied or specified by the customer.
- Colour Graphics shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage accordingly if the quantities of materials supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage (an Insufficient Supply) then Colour Graphics shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity to the extent that such shortfall arises as a result of such Insufficient Supply.
16. Credit Terms and PaymentFor invoices not settled within the agreed credit terms or for payments returned unpaid (such as cheques, credit cards or similar), Colour Graphics reserves the right to charge interest on the overdue debt at 2% above the Barclays base rate at the time and an administration fee to cover its debt recovery costs and any other costs relating to the collection of payment.
17. InsolvencyIf the customer ceases to pay its debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay its debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against it, Colour Graphics without prejudice to other remedies shall (i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to Colour Graphics, and (ii) in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in Colour Graphics possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as Colour Graphics thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
18. Illegal Matter
- Colour Graphics shall not be required to print any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights or any third party.
- Without prejudice to paragraph 7 above, the customer shall indemnify and hold Colour Graphics harmless against all claims, demands, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of the work it is required to produce pursuant to a customer order being or alleged to be defamatory.