What do you want your business card to say about…
Many people these days focus their communication and marketing on digital methods. However, offline communication and marketing are still very important. There are various products that can help you to do this, including the use of professionally printed business cards. But what information do you need to have on your cards?
The use of business cards may seem old-fashioned to some people in today’s digital era. However, these cards are still essential to businesses because they offer the personal touch that you don’t get online. In addition, if you are out and about at business events, you don’t want to seem disorganised when it comes to exchanging information while networking. By simply taking out a business card, you can provide others with all of the information that they need.
Why are business cards still so useful?
If you are wondering why business cards are still so useful, there are actually many reasons. As mentioned above, they add a real personal touch. They can also be carried around with ease, so you are always prepared. You can even leave batches of them in strategic locations where they may be accessed by your target audience. In addition to this, these cards enable you to portray a very professional image.
Key pieces of information you need on your cards
The last thing you want when it comes to your business card is a design that is cluttered with information. This is why you need to think carefully about what to put on your card. There are certain key pieces of information that you should ensure are on your card in order to make it more practical and professional. Five key pieces of information that you should always have on your card include:
• Logo and company name: Right at the top of your card should be your business/company logo and the name of the company. This should be is slightly larger font than the rest of the information on the card
• Your name and job title: The next piece of information on the card should be your name and your job title directly underneath it. People can then see from the card who they need to deal with at the company and what your role is
• Contact telephone number: You should then list your contact details, which starts with your phone number. Make sure you include any area codes because not everyone calling will be from your area
• Social media details: You may be using one or several social media sites. After your phone number, list the sites that you want to be contacted on with your username next to each one so that people can connect with you should they wish to. It helps to try and keep the same username or ‘handle’ across all your social media platforms. This makes you more memorable and easier to contact in a rush.
• Address and website: At the bottom of the card, you should have the physical address of your business. You should also add your website address so that people can go online to take a look at what you offer
All of this information is key in terms of communication. By adding these simple pieces of information, people who receive your card will know your name, job title, where you work, how to contact you, and what your website address is.
Getting the design of the card right
Using business cards can prove to be highly beneficial and enable you to portray a really professional image. However, they do need to be properly designed if you want these benefits. Handing over a cheap, badly designed business card to potential contacts and customers will probably do more damage than good. This is why you need to put a lot of thought into the design of the cards.
You also need to make sure that the card is not too cluttered. It should look slick, professional, and clean, which means thinking about things such as spacing. Those that have your business card should be able to see the information they want at a glance, which is why design is so important. Another thing you need to think about is colour. You want it to make an impact but not come across as being cheesy and garish.
Once you have decided on the design for your card, you should make sure that it is printed to a high quality. This means printing on quality card and with sharp, clear imaged and text. This way you will be set to impress when you hand out your informative business cards.