Imagine if you created an advertising campaign that not only…
Even though we live in a digital world, it is still important to promote your business offline as well as online. One of the ways in which you can do this is through the use of quality business cards. This is one of the reasons why business cards are still important in the digital era.
Over the past couple of decades, technology has come a very long way. We are now more reliant on tech than ever, and the internet has become a staple in day to day life. So, does this mean that printed materials such as business cards are redundant for businesses? Well, the answer to that question is most definitely not.
Adding to your professional image
Business cards still play a vital part in the promotion of your business, because they add to your professional image. Of course, you need to ensure that you have high-quality cards that are professionally printed. You also need to ensure you have the right information on the cards. By doing this, you will get the most from your business cards and will be able to use them alongside digital marketing.
Representing yourself and your business with real business cards
So, why is it still important to represent yourself and your business with real cards? Well, there are many reasons why these cards are not redundant and should still be used. Some of the key reasons behind this include:
• They are more personal. Exchange of information over digital platforms can come across as very impersonal. However, using a business card adds a real personal touch. You can engage more effectively with another person when handing out a card. It is also something physical that they have, which adds a personal touch. Emails and social media exchanges are very convenient, but they do not have the same personal edge as a card.
• They are great for events. Most business people go to a range of events each year. If anyone wants your business details, whipping out a pen and scribbling them down is not ideal at all. However, handing out a business card is professional and slick. This makes them ideal for business events and networking.
• Gives a good impression. A well-designed business card can give others a great impression of your business. These cards will form the initial impression for someone that you meet. If you want them to remember you, handing them a card is a great way to achieve this. It will provide them with all the contact information they need.
• Convenience and ease. These cards provide you with greater convenience and ease when handing out your details. As a business person, you may spend a lot of time on the road. This means that you are likely to bump into a lot of potential customers and contact.
• It can be shown to others. If you impress a contact with your business card, there is a chance that they will show it to others. This immediately enables you to promote your business without lifting a finger.
• Makes you look organised. Having business cards to hand makes you look far more organised. Nobody wants to deal with a disorganised company.
These are just some of the key reasons why it is so important to still use these cards even in today’s digital world.
The importance of a well-designed card
One thing you should bear in mind is the importance of having professional-looking cards. Often, your card will be the main first impression someone gets of your business. A tatty, badly designed card will do you no favours. Make sure that the cards are dynamic in terms of design. Also, make sure they contain the most vital information. This includes your phone number, email address, fax numbers, and social media details.
In addition, you should ensure that the card is not cluttered with information. Keep it simple but use a striking design to make it look really slick and professional.