Banners are a fantastic way to get your business…
More and more businesses across the UK are going paperless these days. However, one thing that most have not done away with is company letterheads. This is because letterheads can prove invaluable to businesses and can help them to build and maintain a more positive reputation and professional image.
In years gone by, businesses tended to use all manner of printed stationery, as most did not rely on computers and technology for communication and administration. However, many offices and businesses have started going paperless. Utilising modern technology enables them to save money and be more environmentally friendly.
However, businesses still tend to use the letterhead. Using letterhead paper is something that businesses have been doing for decades. Letterheads can provide businesses with the opportunity to promote themselves, build and maintain a more positive reputation, and portray a more professional image every time they send out a letter. It is also a more official means of making contact with a customer or other agency.
How letterheads can benefit your company
So, what are the main benefits of using letterheads for your business? Well, they can benefit your business and image in a number of different ways. Some of the key benefits of using letterheads include:
• Your business comes across as more official, and professional: When you send correspondence out on letterhead paper, it will make your company come across as official, and much more professional. Imagine what you would think if you opened a letter that claimed to be from a company but there was no company detailing on the letter! Without the company logo and name on it, the letter could be from anyone. It is extremely important to retain a strong and consistently professional image as a business, and using letterheads is part and parcel of this.
• A powerful marketing tool: Using letterhead paper for your letters works as a powerful marketing too. As soon as your letter is opened, the first thing that people will be hit by it your company’s details. This means that every time you send out a letter you are also marketing your brand.
• The appearance of the letter: With letterhead paper, you will improve the appearance of the letter. It will look far more attractive on proper, officially headed paper. This goes a long way towards reinforcing your professional image.
All of these points are important benefits that come from using letterhead paper for your business. In addition, it means that your customers and clients can quickly obtain your contact and other details simply by using the information that is on the letterhead paper that you use.
What to consider when creating a letterhead design
If you are creating letterhead paper for your business for the first time, there are a number of things that you need to consider.
• Think about the type and quality of the paper that you use for your letterheads. Paper with a higher GSM feels, and looks, a lot better than a flimsy piece of standard printer paper.
• You need to consider where you will place your information. Some like to centralise the letterhead information while others like align it to the left side of the paper.
• Consider the colour that you want for your letterhead paper. Many businesses use other pale colours such as cream or pale yellow. You can choose a colour that fits in with your company colour scheme if it is not a dark colour, as this is a great way to reinforce your branding.
Make sure your letterheads are high quality
It is important to ensure that your letterheads are high quality if you want to achieve and maintain a professional image. You should ensure that they are printed on quality paper and that the logo and text are sharp and clear. It is also important to check that you have the right information on there. This includes the company logo and name, contact details, and address. Creating a letterhead would be a fruitless activity if you got the phone number wrong and nobody could get hold of you! You can also add the website address and social media details if you wish to, as many people will now use these to contact you.
After reading the above information you will now know how to make the perfect letterhead for your company. Here are the 20 best business letterhead examples from around the web.